The Survey Tech I assists the Survey Manager and team evaluate proposed engineering designs and contract documents to generate survey layout calculations and automated machine control 3D models for field operations.
Including but not limited to:
• Receive, modify, process, save and store designer supplied digital files.
• Perform geometric calculations from digital design data.
• Produce basic CAD survey layouts based on design data within the Lane National CAD Standard framework.
• Interpret digital drawing data and specifications for a variety of highway/heavy civil engineering construction activities (drainage, retaining walls, road surfaces, cross-sections, corridors) and prepare digital models and layout calculations for field application.
• Communicate effectively with field staff, designers and consultants.
• Actively engage on projects with a collaborative and shared skills environment.
• Maintain accurate records of work completed.
• Participate in a continual quality improvement (CQI) structure with 360-degree learning opportunities.
• Perform job tasks while exhibiting Lane values.
• Other duties as assigned by survey managers.
• A minimum of 4 years combined A) work experience in diverse but relevant construction fields: surveying, engineering, CAD, construction, etc. and/or B) College/University academic studies: AS/BS in Construction Technology, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Surveying, etc.
• Any Heavy Civil/Highway work experience/education is a plus.
• An intermediate skill level (draw, modify, layer, text) with at least one CAD software with preference for Bentley.
• Very good spatial awareness, problem-solving orientation and strong math basics.
• Good organizational skills; detail-oriented.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.