Ideal candidate should be relocation friendly. Permanent work location assignment could be any of our active Tunnel projects; Washignton DC, Fort Wayne IN, Seattle WA, etc.
The buyer is responsible for the sourcing process of the products assigned up to the contract negotiation. The ideal candidate will manage the supplier relationship driving the bid list in accordance to the set strategy.
Including but not limited to:
• Prepare purchase requests for quotation by approved suppliers on the vendor list.
• Research identify & qualify an approved list of supplier’s vendor list.
• Define & manage list of suppliers within the vendor list ensuring compliance approval with set procedures.
• Analyze/assess and negotiate offers received from suppliers ensuring commercial verification.
• Coordinate with technical department to assess supplier proposals.
• Prepare a summary of final bid recommendation to be communicated with the requesting business unit.
• Draft terms & conditions of the contracts/purchase orders in coordination with legal & contract team.
• Manage the relationship with the supplier in accordance to internal governance & compliance requirements.
• Perform internal & external bench mark analysis on products and market intelligence on the supply base.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, business administration or related field required
• Master’s degree in Engineering/MBA or related field is preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in similar role.
• Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques.
• Background experience conducting research & market analysis
• Excellent negotiation, communication, and networking skills;
• Experience in collecting and analyzing data;
• Proficient with Microsoft products suite (excel/PowerPoint/access).
• A team player with flexible and results orientated can do approach.