Ideal candidate should be relocation friendly. Permanent work location assignment could be any of our active Tunnel projects; Washignton DC, Fort Wayne IN, Seattle WA, etc.
The Tunnel Project Engineer provides engineering services to a large project requiring more complicated engineering tasks or multiple engineers or surveyors. Supervises project engineers, field engineers or surveyors and provides technical and administrative direction as well as employee development. May direct operations personnel on particular phase/task of project as required and/or assigned.
- Coordinate/manage design firms as required (design-build)
- Study design change alternates (design-build) or value engineering options (bid-build)
- Supervise all project engineering
- Assist with management of project resource availability/efficiency
- Project decision making/leadership in absence of Project Manager
- Coach and develop staff
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Must have prior Heavy/Highway experience on projects over $100 Million
- Minimum 8 years of project engineer experience in tunnel construction
- Familiar with grading, drainage, paving (asphalt and concrete), bridge construction, retaining walls, and all other highway construction scopes.
- JDEdwards experience is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented