The Quality Control Manager oversees the evaluation of a finished product for quality and reliability. May assist in the development of quality control standards.
Including but not limited to:
- Review construction quality control practices to determine areas that require improvement
- Prepare written audit reports for management and the auditee to facilitate improvement
- Develop/implement corrective action and training tools for field personnel
- Periodically follow-up on corrective actions to verify compliance and improvement
- Prepare technical reports.
- Perform activities in support of ESA implementation of quality assurance and quality control requirements
- Provide quality related training for field personnel
- Review and recommend acceptance of contractor quality programs, plans and checklists
- Take part in Readiness Reviews and other associated meetings
- Schedule, plan and conduct quarterly oversight of third party contractors and prepare written reports for management
- Track and report inspection activities
- Develop adequate quality documentation/procedures
- Evaluate plan processes as it relates to quality control and make necessary recommendations for improvements
- Assure company complies with specifications by any State, FAA, or other contracting agency or owner
- Be familiar with plans, specification, and contract requirements for ongoing projects
- Evaluate mix designs to ensure maximization of low cost materials
- Interpret contract proposals for evaluation of QC requirements
- Have knowledge of and comply with all safety policies in field operations, plants and laboratory
- Interact with owner groups to protect Company interests
- Communicate well with owners, management, and employees
- Attend and participate in Contractor Organizations related to quality control
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 6 years experience in quality control
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- Able to prepare quality and accurate reports, and interact with ESA and contractor/consultant personnel.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite 2000).
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills