The project cost controller manages the cost control function. This involves monitoring the overall control of project activities & project forecasting. this position is based in Charleston, SC.
Including but not limited to:
- Gathering of daily production data from the job site.
- Revise the analyses of all project activities, factoring achieved performance in relation to new economic targets in order to anticipate recurrent forecasts
- Provide monthly reporting to Project manager, Area controller.
- Assist in financial decision making by providing analysis on the performance trends.
- Monitor projects during execution by analyzing the achieved results and comparing them with budget which could lead to pinpointing major variance as applicable.
- Prepare the bid reorganization, the budget and the forecast for the area in accordance with the agreed WBS/WBE under the supervision of the AFC Manager in cooperation with the project.
- Perform cost analysis simulation backed by empirical data that aims at improving production and reducing risk contributing to the overall project success.
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, accounting or related discipline
- 3-10 years of related engineering experience, and/or project cost control experience. Heavy civil industry experience is preferred
- Must have budgeting or forecasting experience
- Background experience in estimating/scheduling is a plus
- Project management background preferred
- ERP experience preferred
- Construction project experience
- Proficient interpersonal and organization skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication