The Environmental Manager oversees the environmental performance of the organization within a specific region while also managing specific corporate programs within the Environmental Management System.
Including but not limited to:
- Guide operations to provide maximum operational flexibility while maintaining compliance with the policies and procedures set forth by the Environmental Management System and The Lane Construction Corporation.
- Manage a particular corporate program within the environmental management system.
- Assist with developing and implementing policies and procedures in accordance with the Environmental Management System.
- Manage environmental compliance and stewardhip at the manufacturing facilities and on construction projects within a particular business region.
- Complete in a timely fashion permit applications, environmental plans, recordkeeping and reporting as required by environmental regulatory agencies.
- Keep abreast of any changes to environmental laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Ensure employees are trained on environmental regulations pertaining to the operations and on the potential environmental impacts associated with the tasks performed by employees.
- Identify potential environmental impacts, reduce, control and/or eliminate environmental risks.
- Perform and/or manage environmental audits.
- May manage environmental personnel.
- Represent Lane on industry association environmental committees.
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values.
- And other duties as assigned
- 6-8 years in role
- At least 2 years experience with the environmental permit process and environmental inspections
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Environmental, or Geo Sciences
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected