The Office Manager is responsible for training, developing, and supervising field office administrative staff.
Including but not limited to:
- Manage Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fuel & Equipment Accounting, EEO reporting, Job Cost Accounting, and Petty Cash.
- Provide support to the Project Manager, Senior Office Manager, and Project Operations, as required.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the various region, division, and corporate administrative departments.
- Manage office accounting staff. Develop and retain office personnel through training, motivation, coaching, and mentoring.
- Manage payroll including time entry, processing of certified payrolls and payroll reporting.
- Manage new employee hire forms, E-verify, applications, new hire drug testing, changes and terminations, company benefit enrollments and terminations, tracking employee records including attendance incentive plans, EEO mailings, postings, and applicant log tracking, EEO compliance tracking.
- Manage accounts payable including processing AP invoices, monitor insurance certificates for subcontractors, setup of new vendors and processing credit applications for new accounts.
- Manage accounts receivable for the location including verification of daily FOB sales and contract quantitiesat asphalt plants and contract billing and remote deposits of all customer and cash/checks received.
- Manage petty cash and purchasing card administration/reconciliation.
- Manage subcontracts/agreements/purchase order payment processing and procedures.
- Manage equipment asset transfers, equipment cost management and tracking, rental letters for rental equipment and handling vehicle registrations.
- Oversight of job cost reporting, including Journal Entries, Job Cost Adjustment, and Accruals.
- Manage monthly Diesel and gas fuel reports, property tax reviews.
- Assist project Safety Supervisor in monitoring worker’s comp and general liability claims with insurance companies, property damage reporting and claims management, implementation and management of safety incentive program, OSHA reporting and maintaining CDL driver files, driving records, Decision Driving, and monitor/ manage MVRs and EVAs.
- Support project staff in working knowledge of JD Edwards/One World Job Cost Systems.
- Implement internal controls necessary to maintain compliance with Lane Construction’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for record storage and audit prevention.
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values.
- And other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an administrative/support role, with an emphasis on accounting, cost management, and/or payroll functions
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- JDEdwards OneWorld experience is strongly preferred