Lead marketplace understanding and relationship development with designers, as well as with public and private owners, potential CJV partners and DOTs to help Lane successfully pursue design-build, bid-build JV, and P3 opportunities throughout the United States and Canada.
Including but not limited to:
- Define the marketplace and understand potential opportunities. Based on Lane’s priorities and goals, forge business partnerships with senior decision makers at DOTs, Counties, Airport Authorities, Municipalities and Fortune 500-2500 firms to understand their plans and current and prospective horizontal construction needs
- Help assess key business opportunities that are aligned with business goals and proactively promote new profit-generating concepts to drive profitable growth.
- Research and help identify qualified target areas, projects and prospective customers/clients (for leads on traditional business/bid-build and for Corporate lead on additional review and pursuit for DB, BBJV, P3, alternative financing opportunities).
- Drive information on local/regional funded and unfunded opportunities based on STIPS, local knowledge, articles, regional economic amid infrastructure need studies, etc.
- Develop insight well in advance of any RFP announcement or when an unsolicited opportunity presents itself
- Ensure the Region has enough opportunities in pipeline to deliver on three-year plan commitment when historical win rates are applied.
· Build relationships with existing and potential design and construction partners:
- Develop recommendations for teaming strategies that fit the opportunity with the right partnership
- Develop strategic alliances with designers and subs in emerging or no-core markets.
- Proactively inform review of any acquisition opportunities.
- Consistent contact with prospects and clients to promote the company before, during and after proposal
- Requires background of 10+ years in successful sales position and a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to meet with CEOs and senior level executives and business/government leaders
- Able to understand complex procurement process and thrive/succeed in competitive environment
- Ability to develop and execute new and different programs that capitalize on changing industry dynamics.
- Strong analytical capabilities and effective communication skills.