The Senior Project Engineer provides engineering services to a large project requiring more complicated engineering tasks or multiple engineers or surveyors. Supervises project engineers, field engineers or surveyors and provides technical and administrative direction as well as employee development. May direct operations personnel on particular phase/task of project as required and/or assigned.
Including but not limited to:
- Coordinate/manage design firms as required (design-build)
- Study design change alternates (design-build) or value engineering options (bid-build)
- Supervise all project engineering
- Assist with management of project resource availability/efficiency
- Project decision making/leadership in absence of Project Manager
- Coach and develop staff
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Must have prior Heavy/Highway experience on projects over $100 Million
- Minimum 8 years of project engineer experience in heavy/highway construction
- 5 years of experience with claims, change orders and back charges.
- Familiar with grading, drainage, paving (asphalt and concrete), bridge construction, retaining walls, and all other highway construction scopes.
- JDEdwards experience is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented