The Project Engineer is responsible for routine home office and on-site project administration, engineering, cost and schedule tasks. Plans, directs and controls on-site construction and project control activities. Coordinates among engineering, construction and quality subcontractors. Prepares monthly pay estimates and updates the Project CPM schedule. Prepares, coordinates and updates job budgets, change requests/orders and cost reports for management & executive review and approval. This position reports to the Project Manager. This position involves occasional travel and may involve rotation or relocation to the project site. Field assignments may involve regular overtime.
Including but not limited to:
- Liaise between engineering and construction staffs.
- Prepare cost estimates and project schedules.
- Prepare procurement & subcontracting documents.
- Support procurement and quality control activities.
- Review subcontractor progress pay applications for management approval.
- Prepare company’s progress pay applications for management’s approval.
- Perform or manage project cost and schedule control functions.
- Manage project document control system.
- Identify issues early and work to develop solutions.
- Prepare internal and external project review/reporting documents.
- BS in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management.
- Prior heavy civil/structural/industrial/mining experience on projects over $10 Million.
- Minimum 4 years of EPC project experience.
- Cost estimating and project scheduling experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented.