The Design-Build Coordinator is an integral part of the project team that has the leading role in managing the design process and liaising between design and construction. The successful candidate will be good communicator and a team player that brings together the different disciplines required to develop and execute an effective design plan that results in the successful execution of the project.
- Administer the design services agreement. Gain an intimate knowledge of the designer’s contractual requirements and hold the designer accountable for cost, quality and schedule.
- Develop a detailed design schedule that meets the needs of the overall project schedule.
- Devise a design package scheme that is efficient and meet the needs of the overall project schedule.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the Owners Design representatives. Fully understand the Owner’s expectations and requirements for design submissions.
- Lead value engineering initiatives and continually seek cost/time effective design solutions.
- Chair periodic design discipline working group meetings to review design intent and status.
- Engage construction personnel to participate and provide input to ensure designs are being developed consistent with the construction’s team’s intent and with the proposed phasing.
- Ensure the construction team consistently participates and maintains it as a priority.
- Reprioritize the designer and/or the owner’s design review process when necessary to maintain the project schedule.
- Manage the design review process, both internally and with the client. Track Owner design review comments to ensure timely comment resolutions.
- Identify additional owner scope and/or requests that are above and beyond the contractual requirements and manage the Design COR process with the Owner.
- Track Owner design review comments to ensure timely comment resolutions.
- Track design progress and provide periodic updates to the Project Team.
- Manage the designer payment process along with the Change Order Process.
- Develop a document management control system to ensure the project team is reviewing and working with the appropriate design packages. Manage the revision control process.
- Facilitate resolving design issues with the Owner’s representative.
- Represent the D-B’s interest in all negotiations and issue resolutions meetings.
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline
- A minimum of ten years of experience with an Engineering firm or a Design-Build contractor
- Design Management or coordination duties on a minimum of two projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Work and Excel
- Proficient interpersonal and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Previous experience in heavy civil construction is desired