The Project Engineer is responsible for all routine on-site project administration, scheduling and engineering. Plans, coordinates, and manages on-site construction engineering activities and schedules and communicates with subcontractors. Prepares monthly pay estimates and updates the Project CPM schedule. Prepares, coordinates and updates job budgets, change orders and cost reports for Project and District Manager’s review and approval.
- Review subcontractor pay estimates prior to management’s approval
- Review the owner’s pay estimate prior to management’s approval
- Supervise cost report management and lead regular review meetings
- Supervise project CPM management and lead regular review meetings
- Manage project document control system
- Identify issues early and work to develop solutions
- Prepare all required information for presentation at project reviews
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Must have prior experience in construction of large infrastructure, hydropower & dam projects.
- Familiar with grading, drainage, earthmoving, concrete, excavation, mechanical, tunnel, water reservoir
- JDEdwards experience is preferred
- Experience working with AutoCAD is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented