The Survey Manager with a BIM focus is responsible for facilitating the flow of construction layout data and machine control/survey models to maintain high field production levels by coordinating plan design data and schedules with available department personnel resources.
Including but not limited to:
- Perform calculations for alignments, drainage, structures and roadway modeling.
- Create, manage and maintain project layout and construction data
- Establish and maintain standardized machine control/survey models and construction survey data for project level operations.
- Coordinate and schedule work of the department technicians
- Design, develop and implement BIM workflows for the Survey Department.
- Help create and implement internal and external department-level Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Manage the professional development and growth opportunities for department technicians.
- Train engineers and surveyors annually in corporate-wide training programs.
- Create machine and data collector files for the projects.
- Perform and assist with Quality Control on data produced by the department.
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values.
- And other duties as assigned
- A minimum of ten years combined experience in the following possible areas: survey field work, construction operations, BIM modeling.
- Associates or higher degree in construction/civil engineering related program and CAD experience working on Heavy Civil/Highway Construction projects
- Familiar with a wide variety of heavy highway construction/survey practices, procedures and principles
- Able to use Bentley products (preferred Bentley Power InRoads, ORD and ProjectWise) to create and manage models.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to lead and direct the work of others.
- Able to apply a wide degree of creativity and latitude in modeling tasks.