The Area Safety Supervisor is responsible for developing and managing the accident prevention program and the laws that relate to the safety of our work for the area they are assigned.
Including but not limited to:
- Administer compliance with the safety program and lead accident prevention efforts to ensure company and project safety goals are met.
- Conduct work area assessments.
- Develop and facilitate appropriate training programs.
- Supervise, develop, and manage other safety professionals under his/her area of responsibility to ensure the effective administration of the project/company accident prevention efforts.
- Develop, organize, and implement safety related programs that meet company safety standards.
- Perform and document jobsite inspections and audits with a focus on hazard recognition and unsafe behaviors.
- Coordinate and conduct safety meetings/training programs to ensure effective communication amongst employees.
- Participate in regulatory agency inspections and investigations to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Ensure safety completion by reviewing the job hazard analysis for major phases of our work.
- Keep in contact with corporate insurance department to ensure proper documentation has been prepared and maintained on asset loss and workers compensation claims.
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Construction Safety Orders, MUTCD standards, fail protection, OSHA, MSHA, and other state and federal agency guidelines
- The ability to make independent judgments concerning the general safety of workers
- Team player with a professional image, capable of handling highly confidential information
- Exercise excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment that may require long hours, including nights and weekends
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite