We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Director of Risk Management to set the framework for a successful comprehensive risk management & insurance program with emphasis on risk identification, risk mitigation, risk transfer & retention strategies. This position will be based out of our Corporate office in Cheshire, CT office.
- Develop Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report enterprise risks.
- Ensure the organization’s risk management policies and strategies comply with strategic imperatives of the organization.
- Identify potential threats to the financial stability and reputation of the company.
- Deliver regular risk analysis reports to company executives complete with actionable plans for avoiding or preventing potential threats.
- Monitor all operational risk management activities of the organization.
- Develop and monitor process to identify and adequately price project specific risks during estimate phase of projects.
- Responsible for the Insurance Risk Management team
- Prepare, analyze and communicate annual risk management department budgets and insurance plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- 10 + years of background experience in a related environment. This could be a mix of insurance, Risk Management, Surety broker, and construction finance/accounting experience.
- Proven track record in risk identification/mitigation & transfer.
- Excellent Analytical, organizational, interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of traditional risk management principles and practices.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to interact/influence multiple stakeholders.