Summary: The Mechanical Supervisor acts as the central point of contact for all equipment support services for construction projects. They manage all equipment and equipment support personnel within a project such that reliable equipment is provided to efficiently and safely perform the project construction work.
Including but not limited to:
- Procure, monitor utilization, and manage short term rentals (<6 months duration).
- Develop relationships and utilize relationships with key dealer and vendor sales and after-purchase service and support personnel.
- Develop and foster relationships with workforce including Union and Non-Union where applicable.
- Responsible for overall working condition, productivity, repair costs, and appearance of equipment, fleet, and/or plants.
- Ensure pre-shift equipment and fleet walk around inspections are performed effectively.
- Evaluate need for repairs, evaluate repair options, and oversee cost of equipment repairs.
- Ensure all fleet vehicles are properly equipped, licensed, tagged, placarded, and inspected to meet all state and federal DOT regulations.
- Coordinate, conduct, and/or document periodic personnel-lift, fork lift, and crane inspections.
- Coordinate transportation of equipment moves.
- Monitor equipment utilization.
- Ensure all people, equipment, and processes are working in a safe manner meeting all local, state, and federal laws.
- Assist the environmental department in obtaining and compliance with all environmental permits, laws, and company policies.
- Train, mentor, and manage field mechanics.
- And other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering and/or related technical experience in management of heavy construction equipment.
- Prior experience in plants, fleet, and/or heavy equipment repairs and/or management of plants, fleet, and/or heavy equipment repairs is highly desired.
- Flexibility with working hours, including a willingness to work extended hours, weekends, or nightshift as needed for extended periods of time.
- Computer skills and experience with Word and Excel.