The TBM Shift Engineer is responsible for ensuring that tunneling operations (not limited to the TBM) wthin the areas of its competence are performed in compliance with approved working procedures and quality requirements. Provides technical support and assistance to the Shift Managers in coordinating routine and special activities and acts as a link between the field and the Management.
Including but not limited to:
- Assistance in the supervision of excavation, ring build, support and maintenance activities.
- Alignment control.
- Management of bi-component tail-void grouting.
- Monitoring of consumables consumption, drive parameters and near surface geotechnical instrumentation.
- Quality control of segmental lining.
- Assistance in cutter-head interventions.
- Assistance in special operations for critical crossings (e.g.: compensation grouting).
- Draft of construction and quality reports.
- Draft of work plans, lift plans and Job Hazard Analysis.
- Reporting to superiors and ensuring an effective exchange of information at all levels.
- 0-2 years working experience.
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and AutoCAD.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail-orientation, flexibility and multi-tasking attitude.
- Attitude to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Attitude to work underground.