The Design-Build Engineer Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of the design management process for the pursuit and execution of design-build and P3 projects.
• Responsible for the overall coordination and delivery of design on large complex alternative delivery projects to include Design-Build and PPP projects.
• Manage the design development, serving as interface between design and construction and responsible for design schedule and budget performance.
• Work closely with a variety of interested parties during the design phase of the project to ensure constructability of deliverables.
• Manage/Coordinate the flow of design information between client, and consultants.
• Monitor and review design consultant performance.
• Effectively maintain diverse relationships with the Owner, design firm, and project stakeholders and influencers.
• Works directly with project controls and scheduling staff to manage the project, analyze Earned Value and Schedule performance, and effectively work with various team interfaces
• Directs and coordinates activities of Project Team, to ensure the project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Develops, reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved.
• Represent Lane’s team and manage their relationships to: Owners, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and other outside stakeholders to the project
• Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
• And other duties as assigned
•B.S. in Civil Engineering is required. Professional Engineer License is required.
•Proven experience managing the Transportation Design Management Process of Design-Build and/or PPP Transportation/Highway projects with values between $200million and $1billion.
•Minimum 10 years of project engineering experience in Transportation highway design consulting.
•Design-Build Heavy/Highway construction management experience.
•Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role
•Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word