The Human Resource Business Partner works with local Management to plan, implement, and provide guidance for HR programs in the field, including employment, employee relations, recruiting & retention, performance management, compensation, benefits, and compliance with applicable HR Federal, State & local laws. Functions as a liaison between field supervision and employees when problems are not resolved quickly. Provides leadership and consulting support to local management on talent acquisition & development, employee relations, compliance, and total rewards. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Oversees and administers all human resources responsibilities for the area.
- Employee relations: advise, interpret and provide direction to employees and supervision on Company HR initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Provide support and guidance to management retention, maximizing employee engagement, minimizing turnover, and cultivating a working environment in line with Lane’s Values. Includes compliance with generally accepted standards of documentation, coaching and discipline. Maintains an awareness of level of employee engagement and advises management of any impending adverse actions.
- Stay current with labor laws on all levels: Federal, State and local laws and regulations which affect HR. Audit bulletin boards and assist with updating required postings/notices. Assist local management in developing good faith effort contacts, interacting with compliance agencies.
- Assist in Corporate Initiatives: provide support in all HR roll-outs, policy, and procedure changes.
- Coordinate and communicate benefits and open enrollment and new hire orientations.
- Collaborate with Corporate Staffing Department and local management to properly staff area. Actively involved in monthly salaried staffing which may include coordinating all administrative functions associated with onboarding; career fair attendance. Provide guidance to local management in staffing hourly and weekly positions.
- Partner with all areas of HR in implementing and developing new programs, policies and procedures. Collaborate on area training needs, which may include introducing or facilitating some programs.
- Participate in special projects and other duties required by manager.
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values.
- Safety compliance.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and/or experience in related field
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in Human Resources generalist role
- PHR certification preferred
- MS Office proficiency
- Experience with JD Edwards or other Human Resources Information System and Applicant Tracking System
- Excellent verbal and written communication and diplomacy skills with all levels of employees
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving, planning and implementation
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Work effectively in a team environment with all levels of the organization
- Able and willing to travel to other business unit locations