The Document Control Specialist initiates system controls and provides support on the project
• Serve as primary communications hub for project teams by maintaining project records, assembly and distribution of documents using a variety of tools including Microsoft SharePoint and Office Suite.
• Work on Document Control activities either independently as project lead or with minimal supervision.
• Receive, log, track, and distribute documents in both electronic and paper format for project record maintenance. Update and maintain project document control procedures and record keeping databases.
• Recognize issues, advise and confer with leadership and project team on matters affecting projects records, documents and deliverable products.
• Support Program Controls Manager with overall Program Controls needs, information access, project closeout activities and document management.
• Liaise with project site teams to proactively address documentation issues to promote project success.
• Support project managers in collection/distribution of data, communications, and coordination of team deliverables.
• Support the development and maintenance of periodic status reports to keep management and/or clients informed of project progress.
• Ensure document control activities such as document management, version control and distribution management are executed in a timely fashion and in accordance with contractual requirements.
• Support managers in presentations/reports to clients.
• Assist with change order management.
• Prepare transmittals and reports and distribute and file documents as directed.
• Work with other staff members as required. Refine and improve services in response to changing technological environment and Client expectations.
• Assist in developing and adhering to project document control procedures.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Work as part of an integrated consultant-client team.
• Duties also may include word processing, answering phones, purchasing equipment, filling in for other staff, and other project related activities as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent preferred.
- Requires 4-6 years minimum document management, quality control, information technology or other similar experience.
- Must be extremely well organized and detailed
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient with Sharepoint, Outlook, Adobe software