Reporting to the Project Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the proper interpretation and management of the contracts both with the client and subcontractors.
Including but not limited to:
- Provide advice, assistance and guidance to project management and functions on project specific contractual matters.
- Contract administration including proper interpretation and implementation of administrative requirements of contract documents and ensuring customer compliance with project specific contractual requirements.
- Interim and final payment requests, including obtaining full and proper payment for work executed, all in accordance with the terms of the customer contract.
- Subcontract procurement and administration according to the agreed terms and conditions.
- Formulation and negotiation of requests for Variation and Claims, including detailing and of additional costs and time requests.
- Dispute resolution
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- Other duties as assigned
- 10 – 15 years in a similar role in a multinational construction company, and with a civil works construction background.
- Full understanding and working knowledge of all aspects of the contracting process;
- Full understanding and working knowledge of the construction process of complex infrastructure projects;
- Experience in the key legal risk areas such as but not limited to Contractual Liability, Insurance requirements, defective performance and Warranty obligations;
- Understanding of key commercial risks and able to lead project risk review process and assessments.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or other relevant related degree.
- Specialization and good knowledge in Construction Law
- Member of professional body.
- Candidates qualified by experience may also apply.
- Proficiency in English and/or Italian and/or Spanish and/or French both oral and written.
- Good communication, good writing, and negotiation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with capacity to advocate in a firm but friendly manner.
- Strong commercial skills.