The Business Development Representative identifies, negotiates and manages strategic relationships with content and partners.
Including but not limited to:
- Help define the marketplace and the opportunities by helping understand current plans and current and prospective horizontal construction needs that can help lead to revenue-generation opportunities via traditional procurement methods or “new/innovative financing solutions”. Accountable to research things like STIPS, MPO Plans, articles and rumors/leads we hear in the marketplace (DOT, other firms, articles, etc).
- Help inform the Go/No Go decision by having a firm understanding of key elements of an opportunity (Bid-Builds, Design-Build, P3 or Alternative Financing).
- Populate Salesforce.com with appropriate opportunities and keep tool updated on all aspects of pursuit.
- Help set Lane up for success in the RFP/RFQ process by helping Supervisor thoroughly understand the needs, priorities and hot buttons of the owner.
- Conduct research and collect project-related information and insight regarding project need, state and local community priorities, engineering design and other support as required on an opportunity specific basis.
- Ensure we have appropriate support materials created and on hand (power points, brochures, etc.) for partner and customer presentations.
- Help optimize proposals by providing learning and insight into the customer (and, as appropriate, the partners we are involved with) to help make our proposals as effective as possible.
- Facilitate seamless accountability turnover to Pursuit Team and assist as needed with project negotiation.
- Help Pursuit Team and Operations understand potential need and timing of support staff to pursue opportunity.
- Effectively partner within matrix environment, from Market Intelligence to Finance to Operations to Marketing & Communications.
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values.
- And other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Marketing
- 3+ years business experience, preferably in sales or marketing-related positions
- Able to understand complex concepts and complex procurement processes and thrive/succeed in competitive environment
- Able to manage by influence vs. title
- Strong communication skills, starting with ability to listen to and understand customer needs
- Ability to create and foster win-win customer relationships
- Professional demeanor and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player with results focus
- Ability to work cross-functionally to deliver customer solutions
- Ability to develop and execute new and different programs that capitalize on changing industry dynamics
- Strong analytical capabilities and effective communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data/facts, establish insights, and draw valid conclusions